Love, when stripped of socialization, is a place to work from our hearts to better this world for all that live in it. Parenting and caregiving is a place to center this love and to build this same experience for future generations, for whom the state of this world, this planet, threatens their very existence.
I believe that we must educate our kids on all aspects of this world including justice. I also believe it is our role to disrupt the information received by our kids that may be harmful to themselves or our world. As disrupters, we can move towards evolutionary change and take our children with us. My work is born from this notion, this desire to share my experiences with others, in the hopes of others doing the same.
There are two ways for us to connect:
I offer coaching to parents, guardians, caregivers on working through what they need in building the relationship they want with the children in their lives. I am not a therapist, nor am I an expert in child development. But I am an expert in helping others to find their voice, their story and the messages they want to bring forth in this world. Examples of coaching sessions include:
– Working with you to establish what messages and values you want to communicate to the children in your life and/or how to live them for yourself first.
– Preparing for difficult conversations with young ones on sex, gender, bodies, consent, etc.
– Support for discussions with your kids on topics of oppression such as racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenphobia, and others.
– Working through how to talk with other parents, schools, or community leaders about yours or your kid’s needs or about needs for system change.
– Coaching through transitions like adolescence, puberty, toddlerhood, school, etc.
I am in the process of building a workshop for adults on how we choose our values, the messages we want children to hear, and how to take care of ourselves along the way. This workshop is in development. If you want to be one of the first to hear about it, sign up here!